Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Me , the Machine and the Database .... 'A Date with Database'

So this is about my date with "The database" ..it was all arranged through my machine - the grt inter mediator.I was just too excited - it's been a long time since i actually did any active interesting work. I was happy that i finally got to do something nice ( which i was soon going to regret by-the-way). It all started quite fine... i came fresh and full of energy in the early morning ( early according to my standards) .The machine was all charged up and ready to connect two wonderful ppl - me and the db ( ill call the database as db from now on - quite a long name .. wht to do??) . Finally we got connected and started getting to know each other -it was all quite fine at first with grt data sharing. I even started to think that this could be what i have been waiting for all this long!! (see .. sometimes the takeoff to dreamland could be quite fast ) Then as i wanted more data from db , things started to change.. db's response time increased and i grew impatient(turbulence time...). In all this discomfort , the machine too started to groan and made all heads turn towards us - what an embarrassment!! By now the db has become totally unresponsive and the data transfer seemed to be taking ages ... the poor machine was struggling to keep us connected . As for me - never mind .. somethings can't be explained in words - they include not just things which make you spellbound but also things which irritate you to the core . I lost all my patience and shouted at myself for thinking that this could all be exciting and entertaining . How did i think that this could be what i've been waiting for?? things are all not what they seem to be at first sight baby!! Finally my brain worked and i came back to reality- but it was too late ... seems like some processes cant be stopped when started - but this one didnt seem to give any sign of ending or for that matter even any sign of progress ... so i decided to take the ultimate step - "KILL IT" .... finally the happy ending of my date with db goes like this : i killed db , shutdown the inter mediator (the machine) , and ran off from the place to my home sweet home deciding in my mind "no more dates with any database -never!!"
But .......somethings in life............ never.......... leave u

No comments:

Post a Comment